Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Name of the Game

I was going to copy my brother and do a top 10 list for the week but i won't do that too him.
But i will tell you about my week.

Monday I had to go to work but then I got to watch Better off Dead with my friends Holly and Wayne. Speaking of the Holiday and winter spirit. This movie has everything you could ever possibly ask for. High intensity action when Lane gets chased by the paper boy and when he has to race Stalin down the k-12 ski slope. Romance with a foreign exchange student. icky wacky neighbors who are gluttonous who abuse nose spray-disgusting!, and who think that a good christmas present is a picture of themselves. Its a bit silly but worth watching at least once.

Tuesday I got to go see the new Will Smith movie. 7 pounds. Over all it was decent. It was more emotional and intense than I would have expected so it was a bit of a downer. But don't worry, its nothing you can't get through if you've seen The Pursuit of Happiness. There is a tragic element with a noticeable sense of sacrifice and redemption I guess you could say. It wasn't very hard to figure out what was going to happen although it might take a few minutes. Over all I enjoyed it but its not a movie i would watch once a week.

Wednesday I had to break down and buy books for school. I did get 6 books and a computer cd all for $226.00. However my happiness was short lived when I finally had to pay my tuition. I realized i really have almost no money so that was a bit of a sad day but I'll get through it.
Wednesday I also was so ecstatic to finally make it to the Body Works Exhibit. It was mostly about the heart but it was so amazing. They had cadavers posed to show off how the muscles work. The whole presentation was mostly about the heart. One interesting station was one about Lance Armstrongs heart and how its larger than normal and at rest it beats around 32-35 beats per minute if I remember correctly. So cool. They had displays of all of your organs like kidneys, lungs, intestines, your diaphragm. They had stations about the brain. One I really enjoyed was seeing fetuses at several stages of development.
Although some might find this sort of thing disturbing or just plain weird. i think its important to realize how amazing our bodys are and how incredible it is that everything works together.
For those of you who feel the way I described above and just get creeped out or just grossed out by the very thought of going to see this exhibit I have only one thing to say
Go take an anatomy class!

Wednesday night I got to hang out with my best friends from high school. We made pizzas for dinner and played Disney scene it. I figured out that I dominate at that game. The only 2 times i've played it I have won. Also we played this planet earth game which is all about geography and science. the questions were all about animals and cave formations, and seas and all of that intersting stuff. It did help humble me by helping me realize how much i don't know and that I probably should study up on.

Friday at work was crazy. Some guy who collects old coins came in and wanted to exchange 2 quarter rolls ($20.00) 4 rolls of nickels ($8.00) and 3 rolls of dimes ($15.00). So since these rolls were hand rolled Cam was nice enough to help me count all of these coins by hand to verify they had been rolled correctly. Then everybody came to get checks cashed and lots of money out of their accounts. That however is just a typical Friday. Then I got to go to my friend Sabrina's wedding reception. I can't believe she is married. We went to school together and we were in orchestra together forever. What is so funny is that she married a kid named Drew who is really good friends with my brother Jordan.
Then I got to go my sisters house to babysit while she and Tyler went to see Valkyrie. Jake was up watching the Sugar Bowl which i must admit was a pretty incredible game. I was so happy the the Utes beat Bama-the Crimson Tide. One of the touchdowns was so incredible as one of the recievers twisted away from defense and made a clear beline toward the endzone. I do think that the Utes did get unwarranted flags and penalties.

Saturday I watched Twelfth Night with my friend. Granted its been awhile but that movie was really almost uncomfortable. Never mind the mistaken identities. Orsino practically falling in love with cesario (who is Violas dressed up like a boy.) While Orsino is also in love with Olivia who has fallen in love with Cesario as well. Malvolio was a bit akward at times but there was so good one liners. She is a good wench!

Well. Good bye Fair Cruelty
Thanks for reading. I'll update nextweek and let y'all know how the first week of school went.
Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. Two things. 1) I'm impressed with your low cost of books. I have three textbooks and it will cost the same amount as yours did. No fair. 2) I'm soooooo jealous that you went to see Bodyworks. Brad and I have talked about going to see that for so long, but I don't think we'll get around to it.

    All in all, your week sounds awesome. We should get all the girls together before Atch Dub leaves on her mission. Adios!

    ReplyDelete