Wednesday, January 14, 2009

OH What a Night

This week was way exciting.
The first thing was controversy caused by a harmless Facebook status joke. My roommates and I wanted to hang a picture in our apartment in a particular spot. And we were trying to find studs to help hang this picture. And since this can be an ambiguous word we thought it would be fun to all put on our facebook status that we are looking for studs. So I got into a debate with our apartment of friends about me already finding 4 studs. Referring to a friend and his three roommates. Ha Ha. Then I played dumb and said. I really found 4 studs. You need to come help me find them because we’ve been trying to hang this picture forever. This led into an argument between our apartment and theirs and how who actually has power to give points to each other for gentlemanly and lady like behavior. One of my friends said I had started losing some, referring to studs. So I sad what exactly did I lose? I know what you might be losing (gentlemen points). He said I didn’t have power to take away points. We’ve declared war. And if anybody reading this is still confused, refer to my facebook history.
Then Thursday night I got home and was ambushed by my roommate. My roommate’s really good friend who we both went to school with wanted me to go on a group date with her husbands old roommate. I love this girl but I never spent quality time with her and I didn’t know anybody else that was going. I met up with my date. We went to dinner and surprisingly had a nice conversation. Talking was really easy and not awkward at all. WE met up with the group. WE played the game. Mine is where the whole group decides to give clues describing their dad or their pet or their bedroom and the person who is it has to guess what they are describing. We then played buzzword. I was kicking trash. At one point the other team wanted me to read the cards instead of guessing because we were wining .

The next best part of my week was going to hang out with my friend Jura. We went and saw Bride Wars. It was actually kind of funny. It made me excited to plan my wedding when that day comes. It also made really appreciate my good friends that I have. Good friends are very important and sometimes hard to come by.
Then the oddest thing happened when we went to dinner. We got this really strange but super extra friendly waiter. It started out as we ordered our food. My friend Jura asked him if she could get soup with her salad instead of the muffin that it came with. And our waiter was like. I guess. Just because I like you , you can have the soup, but only you. So I got smart and asked innocently, what about me. Then our waiter kept jumping into our conversations as he’d pass our table and refill our drinks and such. It was so weird and bizarre. Then the best part was when we were getting our checks. He asked us if we were paying together or separate. A valid question I thought. We told him we were paying separately. He said oh, just wanted to see if you guys were single. I just got speechless. I didn’t know what to say. I had this awful perception that he thought jura and I were there together. I could not even speak because I almost started laughing. So jura’s like, um. . she’s single, I’m engaged. He said “oh good for him. That’s too bad for the rest of us. Then we got asked about paying together or separate again when we met people at coldstone. WE almost busted up laughing.
Sunday was great. My friend gave a farwell talk and is going into the MTC on Wednesday. Holly will be in the Dominican Republic with my cousin Adam. We got to have dinner with some our neighbors. We got to hang out and watch President Monson’s fireside at our friends apartment. Then another bizarre story of how small the world is. Drake, one of friends in our apt complex. He invited an old mission companion and his wife for dinner and after they went to the marriot center for the devotional. When they came back the companions wife was this girl that has been in most of my ComD classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment