Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Buy Me Some Peanuts and Crackerjack

MY ADVENTURE IN DENVER TO SEE MY SISTER AND HER 2 LITTLE MONKEY MEN


So my vacation started out as another episode in life of Hurricane Hillary. I met my brother in law at his house in South Jordan so we could car pool to the airport. Well I pulled my car into their garage for safe keeping while we were gone for the week. I decided to leave my keys in my car since it was in the garage and I wouldn't have to worry about taking my keys through the airport or risk losing them while i was gone. Well i got my carry on bag out of my car and into Tyler's when i realized my boarding pass was still in my car so i went back into the garage and surprise my car was locked with my keys and boarding pass inside. Tyler tried to break in for 20 minutes with a hanger but it did not work. So we headed to the airport and luckily i was able to print a new boarding pass.

So our flight was delayed an hour. YOu always meet interesting people at the aiport. Like this guy that was dressed like a woman in pink shorts and a think v-neck white t-shirt. WE met this guy on the plan who, when he found out tyler was married and from utah, asked if he only had one wife.


Day1
 We took all of the kids to the park. Tristan and Isabel walked around hand in hand like best friends until they actually started playing on the playground and then went into WWF smackdown over some dinky toy. We then went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Jack was struggling and we had 6 kids with us that one group sitting next to us moved and everyone else the hostess tried to seat by us refused. Ha ha i thought it was genius. Then Lindsay and her kids and I walked around the mall and then looked for the Denver temple for over an hour. We stalked someone in the garage to ask them directions, and we yelled at at least 3 people while we were stopped at red lights for more directions. The next day we discovered that we had practically driven past it and had driven in a big old circle around it.


DAY 2
The Mitchells and I went to the Museum of Natural History and Science. There were dislplays of animals from North America, Australia, Water Mammals. We also saw a Native American exhibit about how early Indians lived. We saw samples of their clothes, cradle boards, tents, etc. It was very interesting. Then we went across the street to a park so the Mitchells could have batting practice with Jake.



Day 3
We headed Town Town (what Tristan calls Down Town) and went to the 16th street Mall, which is a mile long strip mall. Quite Impressive. I was forced to go into Coyote Ugly Saloon and buy a freaking awesome t-shirt. Then we rode the bus to look at the Botanical Gardens. We went through the tropical conservatory, the Japanese style garden, the Lilac Garden and the Rose Garden. It was quite beautiful but the kids started going crazy. Jack insisted on pushing his stroller along the trail. AS we got back to town the monsoon started and we were afraid the baseball game would be rained out. The game was played. We headed to Coors Field where everything is very expensive. I bought a gatorade and a pretzel and it cost me 9 dollars. People were paying 6 dollars for a bottle or glass of beer. Insane!!!!!! The Rockies slaughtered the Diamondbacks 5-0. There was an amazing fireworks show afterwards. Great music and the finale set to Ode to Joy was so loud you could barely make out the music. This was Tristan's first fireworks show and he was clapping and laughing. He's adorable.
Saturday we headed headed out at 6 in the morning, stopped for food, watched movies, and played the license plate game.
It was a fun filled week and I'm so glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment