Friday, August 28, 2009

My Happy Place

“Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth.”



This post is dedicated to my cousin who inspired this little thought process with a list she made. AS I think about it I realize that I have had a pretty good life. I have been extremely lucky to have so many good people and things in my life. My friends and my family and our time together are really what make me the happiest. So right now there are things that I look forward to. Here is a list of moments or just things that i cherish,that I want to keep with me, and that I never want to lose.

~Laughing at stupid jokes with Jordan (especially nerdy jokes involving snow flakes and Plessy Vs. Ferguson)

~My munchkins birthdays. Especially talking to Tristan on his birthday when he asks me if I want to come to his house to play again. Of course my answer is yes.

~okay I had to steal this one from Mandy. Warm Cinnamon Rolls anytime but especially on rainy days. It just sounds heavenly.

~Music Period (whether it be Josh Groban, Michael Buble, Carrie Underwood, Yo Yo Ma or listening to show tunes). I love that I can rock out in my car, on my way to work, singing at the top of my lungs. It makes me feel energized and its great that noone else can hear me.

~On that note. I miss being in an orchestra. I miss being with a big group of friends, having a great time, working hard, and making something beautiful. Playing in a pit orchestra is even better. Its such a rush and some much fun, and one of my favorite memories of high school.

~Christmas Caroling after a fresh snow fall when its dark and peaceful, and quiet, and just completely still outside. And Also Sitting by the twinkling lights on the Christmas tree in the dark on Christmas Eve, just enjoying the calm. I love driving around looking at Christmas lights, and listening to Christmas music. Everyone seems happier at Christmas time. People are more giving, and pleasant and cheerful. I love the celebrating, the parties, the focus on Christ and on families. I love Christmas Eve Dinner with your family where you laugh, and play games, and just enjoy life.

~Watching my neice performing in her dance recitals. Probably the most adorable thing ever.

~Reviewing movies or books and having an intelligent conversation with my dad.

~Watching an old couple that you know have been married for probably 60 years holding hands and dancing together and smiling.

~Surprise notes or messages. When your roomate leaves you a note full of nice things and that says Hope You Have a Good Day. When your dad sends you a text message that says you are wonderful and that he misses you. Just when somebody asks how you're doing or says that they were thinking about you.

~Discussing with Erin, for almost an hour I might add, the different ways that common people misuse the English Language

~MOst of the time shopping is fun. When you find cute jeans or a shirt that looks good on you and is decently priced. Its also fun to find DVDs for only $5.

~Watching Bianca (the 8 month old) trying to steal food off of Daddy's plate. ha ha

~Making video/slideshows is my new obsession. I love finding the best pictures and pairing them with the perfect song or set of songs. It is a great way to preserve memories, and it makes a special and sincere gift that anybody would love.

~Challenging Jake (my nephew). He'll quiz me on trivia like WHAT IS THE CAPITOL OF ICELAND or WHAT DOES THE FLAG OF SWITZERLAND LOOK LIKE? We'll play Horse or kickball together. He likes to try and beat me at chess and Clue also.

~That rushing feeling you get when you go on an really intense rollercoaster or down FREEFALL at 7 peaks. You know that feeling where you feel the butterflies fluttering, you're almost nauseous, and your stomach ends crammed up where your throat should be.

~Blasting ABBA in the kitchen and baking some chocolate chip cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment