Sunday, August 23, 2009

And All That Jazz in Idaho

So I had quite a weekend.







I went with my sisters family (these are her adorable kids) and my parents to Swan Valley to visit Miss Faye



We had a great time. We stayed in Sleepy J Cabins down the street from Frank and Jamie and Faye and Gracelynn.
WE got up early and my fabulous brother-in-law made some dutch oven breakfast. WE had pancakes and bacon and sausage and strawberries. The kids had a blast hunting Faye's kitties down. Poor cats. Piper, faye's dog, even gave one of the cats a piggy back. yikes!!
Then we drove to Jackson. Jake rode with Mom and DAd and I. He talked about tanks the entire car ride. He's the funniest kid. We went down the Alpine Slide. I rode up the ski lift with Jake. He is kind of scared of heights. He went down on his own little cart but Olivia refused to. It was a blast. Then we went out to lunch to Bajio and I saw Jared, one of the officer's from work. It was insane.
Then we went shopping. We went into some really cute shops. There were some really funny shirts like the Irish Yoga one. I took Jake into a shop called Hero's. It had sports cards, books, comic books, stuffed animals, and jake's favorite, decorated chess sets.
My mom asked the kids about cowboy terminology like saddle bags, chaps, spurs. We would show them something on this statue of a horse and if they got it right they won a dolalr. It was a great trip. I'm so glad we went. I'm only sad I didn't get to stop in Logan when we drove through.

The only drawback happened after we got home from Idaho. My dad had me back my car up in the driveway so we could put oil in my car. So i moved it and turned the car off. We put a quart and half into the engine. Then when i got loaded up and was ready to head to Provo my car wouldn't turn over. So it got towed today! Yay! I hope its fixed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment