Thursday, November 12, 2009

Girl with the Green Gum meets a Hit and Run



So I had a huge presentation in my Aural Rehabilitation Class. It was about Public Laws, Deaf history, Educational Settings, and School Screenings.
It was a 45 minutes presentation so It was a big deal. I met my partner The Thursday before I presentation at her apartment and her little 5 year old daughter hung out with us while we finalized our power point. Then I met with her the day before our presentation (which was Wednesday the 11th). Before my partner, Ingunn came to meet me she dropped her daughter off at school. She told her daughter she was coming to meet me. Her daughter said Mom, you can't go meet her. When Ingunn asked her why her response was, "Because she always has the green gum and and she types too fast on the keyboard". Then she just gave her a look that said "uhh, mom you just don't understand.
I thought it was funny.

So last night, wednesday. I went out for a walk/jog. I was walking past an parking lot entrance/exit. There was a white car, stopped waiting to make a right hand turn and to pull out into traffic. They were stopped so i kept walking. Right when i get in front of their car they decide to hit the gas. I got my hands on their good and they kept going eventually running over my foot. They got me knocked down, my knee scraped up and my finger hurt and swollen. I don't know if i feel down and bent or what. I really wanted to say mean and obscene words. i just walked away fuming and all (what i can assume was the driver) could do was yell out their window "are you alright". I have now idea what they were doing that they clearly didn't see somebody right in front of their car.

But, I had a great run tonight. It was lightly raining=-), I listened to bon jovi, bryan adams, martina mcbride, david archuleta and michael buble. Oh, and no jerk bag driver ran my foot over. And its my Jakey Boy's Ninth Birthday. Love those kids to death.

1 comment:

  1. My GOSH! Did you get the license number? Call the police? You should have!!!

    ReplyDelete