Monday, November 30, 2009

New Moon: My Review



First of all, let me say. This movie was infinitely better than Twilight. Kristen Stewart actually brought some depth to her character. And, while i still am not a fan of Bella, I didn't hate her in this movie. Jessica was absolutely hilarious at the part where Bella gets on the motorcycle with a complete stranger just so she can hear Edward. The scene where Bella is at the movies with Jacob and Mike was awesome. They were both holding out there hands so she would choose which one to hold. Priceless. I love the Cullens, especially Alice (when she gets in that argument with Jacob.) And at the end when Edward was fighting the Volturi, everytime he got smacked down on the marble floor I could feel it in my back. It was really well done, and the Volturi, especially Dakota Fanning were so creepy. and I'm not complaining about Jacob running around shirtless in his shorts the entire movie.

There were three parts that really made me laugh, that were of course unintentionally funny.
First Part: I find this part of the movie mind boggling. Bella crashes on her motorcycle, and Jacob's first reaction is to rip off of his shirt and wipe the blood off the cut on her head. Who does that???? Like my Sister said, Do you think Taylor Lautner felt cheep making this movie? ha ha ha

Second Part: right at the end is a weird day dream where Bella and Edward are running through a meadow.

Last Part: Jacob and Alice are having their argument, and Jacob goes all Hulk on her. He says "Don't make me upset, things could get very ugly" (and I want to add GRR!!!!) It made me laugh

There were several cheesy parts but these are the ones that stuck out to me.
So People keep asking me if I'm a Team Edward or Team Jacob. This is my honest, if not overly cynical response.
I'm not choosing a team or a side. I'm not wasting my time analyzing the pros and cons of a fictional relationship between characters/creatures in a made up story. Jacob and Edward aren't real people. It doesn't matter which one I prefer. Nor will there be a time when it does matter. It won't make my life any better or easier.
Twilight is just a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment