Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Thing




So someone recently asked me what my "thing" was. What defines me? I had a hard time answering that question.

I finally decided on classifying my "thing" as music. I love music and everything
about it. I love listening to new things on the radio, and I love being able to play my violin or learn something new on the piano. Usually if there is a song I like I will listen to it over and over or study the lyrics on the internet until I know all of the words.

I think music has been my thing because its been part of my life ever since i can remember. Everything from private lessons, orchestra, solo and ensemble, and forced family bonding at band practice.

I know quite a bit about musical theater. I know songs from shows that aren't Wicked, Les Miserables, or Phantom (even though I love them). I am guilty of belting showtunes in my car at the top of my lungs, and yes, I like to listen to KOSY on Saturday night.

I even have a karaoke list going (not that I ever get to use it)
-Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
-Superstar by The Carpenters
-Mama Mia by Abba

I also have thought that If there was one job I would enjoy it would be a music supervisor for a movie studio. I don't know if it would be my dream job but I would love to be able to pick out songs that were used for certain movies. I believe there is good song to describe any particular feeling emotion or moment.

What would your dream job be? What are you in love with?

No comments:

Post a Comment