Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Tall and Short of It


So Saturday I went on a blind date to our ward prom. We have a lot of extra girls so people in the ward recruited their guy friends to help out. I got set up with one of these fortunate recruits. Imagine my surprise when my date picks me up and he's freakishly tall. He is 6"6. Since I am lucky if I am 5"2, if you do your math right he is 1 foot and 4 inches taller than i am.

I have heard many of my friends bemoan the fact that they are tall and that it is hard to find guys that are tall and that they feel comfortable around. They don't want to date guys who are shorter. I never thought I would have this problem and worry about how tall the people are in my life because I am so short. Let me just tell you it was awkward standing next to him and trying to dance with this kid.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Was he nice though? Cute? Did you have fun? Kevin is about... 9 inches taller than me. That's bad enough.

    ReplyDelete