Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

I have been thinking about gratitude a lot this past month.  I know its easy to look for the bad and frustrating things in life. Work can be stressful hard to put up with. I deal with angry and inconsiderate people some of the time.  Even the other day I had to ask someone to grab the salad dressing in the grocery store because I am too short and can't reach the top shelf. But I also realized If we just stop and think we do have so many great things to be grateful for. 


"We tend to take all the gifts and pleasures and happiness and the joy without saying much to God. We take our health and strength, our food and clothing and our loved ones, all for granted; but the moment anything goes wrong we start grumbling and complaining and we say 'Why should God do this to me, why should this happen to me?' 


How slow we are to thank and swift to grumble."


"As we pause to thank Him for the blessings of the past year, 
we must not forget to thank Him for the lessons we have learned through our difficult times. 
We are not to be thankful for just the pleasant, easy things, but ALL things."

No comments:

Post a Comment