Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Catching Fire.


Catching Fire is the second book in The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. As the sequel to the 2008 bestseller The Hunger Games, it continues the story of Katniss Everdeen and the fictional, futuristic nation of Panem. Following the events of the previous novel, a rebellion against the ruling Capitol has begun, and Katniss and fellow tribute Peeta are forced to return to the arena in a special edition of the the Hunger Games.


I really enjoyed this book for several reasons


1) The level of horrible that President Snow Reaches. Major shock
     value that the government get away with such           
     despicable things.


2) The Suspense and Action of the story. So many twists and  
     surprises.


3) The whole concept of the arena in the 75th Hunger Games is 
     intriguing.  I think its genius.


4) On top of that the whole situation is thought provoking. Are 
    Katniss and Peeta really helping each other by fighting and
    sacrificing to keep the other alive? Are they just creating more 
    danger? Would they be better off fending for themselves?


5) I love that I am not annoyed by the drama of the love triangle. 
    Its sappy but in a way genuine and believable.


6) I also enjoyed the uncertainty of the allies and the complexity of
    the characters.  Are the other tributes really trying to help
    Katniss and Peeta? Are they waiting for the opportunity to 
    betray them? Where do their loyalties lie? 


7) I liked the ending and hated it at the same time. It was a major\
    revelation but also a huge cliff hanger. I just thought. . .
    "seriously? that's what you're leaving me with?" It was a smart
    move though because now I can't wait to start Mockingjay.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment