I really enjoyed this book for several reasons
1) The level of horrible that President Snow Reaches. Major shock
value that the government get away with such
2) The Suspense and Action of the story. So many twists and
3) The whole concept of the arena in the 75th Hunger Games is
intriguing. I think its genius.
4) On top of that the whole situation is thought provoking. Are
Katniss and Peeta really helping each other by fighting and
sacrificing to keep the other alive? Are they just creating more
danger? Would they be better off fending for themselves?
5) I love that I am not annoyed by the drama of the love triangle.
Its sappy but in a way genuine and believable.
6) I also enjoyed the uncertainty of the allies and the complexity of
the characters. Are the other tributes really trying to help
Katniss and Peeta? Are they waiting for the opportunity to
betray them? Where do their loyalties lie?
7) I liked the ending and hated it at the same time. It was a major\
revelation but also a huge cliff hanger. I just thought. . .
"seriously? that's what you're leaving me with?" It was a smart
move though because now I can't wait to start Mockingjay.