Saturday, July 25, 2015

Weekly Favorites #37

#1 Apple Cobbler


I have found my favorite Cobbler Recipe by Land O'Lakes. I LOVE apple pie and apple cobbler, basically apple anything. 

INGREDIENTS

7 to 8 large (9 cups) tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, sliced 1/4-inch
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 Land O Lakes® Eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, melted

 DIRECTIONS

Heat oven to 350°F.

Place sliced apples in ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish.

Combine 3/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in bowl; sprinkle over apples.

Combine remaining cinnamon, flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder and salt in bowl; mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples. Pour melted butter over topping. Bake 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned and apples are tender.

#2-A Desperate Fortune-Susanna Kearsley


For nearly three hundred years, the cryptic journal of Mary Dundas has kept its secrets. Now, amateur codebreaker Sara Thomas travels to Paris to crack the cipher.

Jacobite exile Mary Dundas is filled with longing-for freedom, for adventure, for the family she lost. When fate opens the door, Mary dares to set her foot on a path far more surprising and dangerous than she ever could have dreamed.

Susanna Kearsley is becoming my favorite author. I know I've probably said this before but her books are a great mix of history, danger, adventure, and romance. Maybe I like the  romance part because it is sweet and saccharine. Its not over done.  (I think I secretly just wish someone would find me a tall, handsome man with a scottish accent, but you know..its fine)
If you haven't read any of her books, drop everything and do it. 

I suggest starting with The Winter Sea.
Read my review here.

#3 Hiking Trip With The Family

My family and I went to 9 mile Canyon. We got to hike, play in the dirt,  hunt for petroglyphs made by Freemont Indians, and chase mountain sheep.
I am still a little upset that my oldest nephew is now taller than I am. 

#4 Far From the Madding Crowd

This is a movie that did not get a ton of buzz. I knew nothing about it, but my cousin wanted to go see it, and I was pleasantly surprised.  
I wouldn't say the movie is perfect. It took me a minute to get into the story and to understand what was happening. I don't know if it was the pacing of the scenes or if it was me. There are times when I feel more time had passed than what was actually shown, or at least depicted. I really did end up liking the movie however. Even though it is not part of my top 5 favorites, I thought it was entertaining. I would recommend it. 

That being said I would have changed the end. if you have seen it or read the book send me a comment or email and we can talk. 

#5 Crepe Blouse from Target

Looks at this cute shirt. I ordered this and a short sleeve version. It combines my two favorite colors and it was on clearance. $7. 


No comments:

Post a Comment