Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why I love Jake Tyler Mitchell


So Jake is one of my favorite people in the world right now. He acts so grown up and I'm convinced he's too smart for his own good. He likes to bond with Grandpa and I by stumping each other with trivia. He likes to bond with Uncle Jordan by playing Diplomacy.
So on Sunday Jake came over to my parents house. Grandpa had prepared an activity for Jake. He traced a a blank map of Africa to see how many countries Jake could fill in.
Jake actually did really well. He got more countries than I could have gotten off the top of my head. I told him I was really impressed. I told Jake that I didn't have to learn countries and capitals and fill out maps until 9th grade when I took world Geography.
He gave me this kind of offended look and said. .
"We're not learning this in school. Kids in my class don't even know the difference between a country and a state. Somebody in my class said that his favorite country was New Jersey".
My thoughts. .. .
I didn't mean to associate you with these other ignorant low life 3rd graders Jake

Clearly this kid needs to be learning more in school, but I love him. He's my best buddy =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment