Thursday, March 18, 2010

Best Quote of the Week ~March 9


So We had a guest speaker in my Articulation Disorders class. He was talking about Palatometers. Palatometers is a new tools used in speech therapy that uses computer technology to help children visualize their tongue placement while they speak. Anyway our guest speaker shared that he was run over by a truck when he was about 2 years old. He had to have reconstructive surgery on his face and at least one of his ears. He said he was lucky that he had the type of personality to deal with being a little different and to deal with the rotten kids his age at school. When kids his age would tease him and give him flack, he'd give it right back to them. When they asked what happened to his ear he'd say "My parents cut it off" That usually kept the other children quiet =-)

Anyway because of his accident, he had to go through speech therapy. He was the 2nd Grader who had to go to see the therapist instead of going to recess. but he shared
"Yes, I had to go through speech therapy when I was little. Except that my speech therapist was about 100 years old, he had horrible, awful breath, and he made me say "sh" words that I wasn't supposed to say"

I just had this image in my mind:
Say sh@$#
But I'm not supposed to say that
Say it kid!!

It made me laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment