Friday, October 22, 2010

Can't Touch This

There are a few "fashion trends" I have seen around that i absolutely do not understand and that I find just idiotic. I am morally opposed to the following items.



The Shorts worn with Uggs. Where do I even begin. Let's start with can we find the contradiction in this combination. Hello, you wear shorts to keep your legs and body cooler during really hot weather. Why on earth would you wear shorts and then stick on some boots, that are made for winter weather, that roast your feet and practically make them sweat. I have a solution for all of you have committed such a horrible crime. They are called flip flops. They wont' cook your feet in the middle of summer and they are super easy to slip on. I promise.

The Sleeveless turtleneck. Whose bright idea was this honestly. Turtlenecks are thick and warm. The whole point of a turtleneck is to cover more of your skin than a regular shirt in order to keep you warmer during the colder months. Why would you ruin it and take away the sleeves. I've never known anyone whose stepped outside in November or December wearing a tank tap and a scarf to keep their neck warm. Turtlenecks are made for winter, just embrace it and wear the sleeves.

I had no idea until recently that these were back in style (or maybe just in style to begin with). Now, they are called Harem Pants. I saw a girl walk into the library on campus this morning wearing a gray pair of these pants and I just about died. Whatever you call them they are a bad fashion choice for anybody. This is what they remind me of.



Well, that and Aladdin. I'm not saying they are ugly just for the sake of argument. These pants have this pleated, bunched up mess at the top, and the legs are tapered like an awful pair of jeans from 1993. No normal person can rock this combination and look respectable. Not only is it silly but these pants are just unflattering because of their cut.
Any trends you've seen that bother you?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you mentioned hills! Especially the ugg boots. They are everywhere in NC and it is so hot here! Why?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I hate those turtlenecks. And I am really hating giant daises on everyones heads. I don't care if you are a baby, teen, or middle-aged woman, they look stupid.

    ReplyDelete