Thursday, June 16, 2011

To Make a Decision.


So I was talking to my friend earlier this year. She and I were both born in May and are practically the same age. We had a conversation about how she felt it was time for her to go through the temple. She ended up receiving her endowments in December. She felt very at peace and said that the experience was a great blessing.

A month a two ago my dad asked me out of the blue if I had given thought to going through temple. I told him I would like to but I didn't feel any urgency. I didn't feel like I needed to go through right this minute.

Last week, my mom's ward was having their enrichment (midweek) activity. My sister who was visiting had been asked to be one of the speakers at the meeting and to speak about the blessings of the temple. I wanted to go hear Erin speak but the meeting was Tuesday, and I tutor from 7-8:30 on Tuesdays. While I was at work last Tuesday, my student called. She had an emergency and told me she couldn't make it for our lesson that night. So I was able to go hear 5 wonderful people talk about how wonderful temple work is.

I guess all of this is a "All Roads Lead to Rome" type of situation. For the past few months I feel like I've been steered in this direction. So I have decided next summer, when all of my family is together for our reunion, I am going to go through the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment