Saturday, June 11, 2011

Interview

So I am way behind but June 2nd I had a job interview at Alpine School District. The position is for a full time speech technician. The two ladies interviewing me were very nice. They asked me standard questions about my experience working with language problems and working with kids. What my favorite class was at BYU. They also asked me about my 2 years plan and where I saw myself in 5 years. And the Miss America Question "Why Should We Hire You?"

They also asked me my least favorite question in the world. What is your greatest strength? What is your greatest weakness. Then they asked me a question that completely caught me off guard. "If your three best friends could each describe you only using one word, what would those three words be?" By far the hardest question of the whole process. I wanted to say "I have no idea, you should ask them yourself", but that didn't seem appropriate. Come to think of it, some of the answers that came to mind, if I were answering honestly, would have a little off putting.

I am glad there wasn't a panel full of people and a 6 page long list of questions with which to interrogate me. I finally heard back from all three schools and did not get into my graduate program, so I am really hoping that I get this job. I am excited to work with kids. I am excited that would be paid a regular teacher's salary. I am also excited about having Christmas Break and Summers off. Assuming I get the job. Its a bit of a gamble. They said they are opening 3 new schools and that they would need a month to assess their resources and the need of school. So I will have to wait another few weeks to hear back for sure. Fingers crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment