Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday Social-Pet Peeves


1. What is your biggest driving pet peeve?
I guess I would say when people make a left hand turn, like out of a parking lot, and they pull out right in front of your car. Then you have to slam on your brakes to avoid hitting them. 

2. What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?
One I noticed recently is when people criticize or say they do not like something for no other reasons other than just to stand out and ruffle feathers so to speak. Maybe they are trying to retain their hipster image. I know everybody is entitled to their opinion but its hard to know where to draw the line. For example, I have heard one or two people who have recently posted somewhere on the internet that they did not enjoy the movie frozen. Frozen breathed new life in Disney Animation, it broke box office records, and was nominated for at least one Oscar? And this person just wanted to tell everybody how much they hated the movie and why. Sometimes there are opinions you should keep to yourself. 

3. What is your biggest shopping pet peeve?
This really isn't a pet peeve but just goes to show how impatient I am. I always get behind the person either has a billion items to purchase at the grocery store or the person who has coupons and just an overall difficult transaction at some store. They take forever. For example, I went out to dinner with my friends for our Book Club Meeting. I was the last person to order and ended up behind this couple with twin four year old girls. Granted I felt really patient at first but the mother then was asking the four years old what they wanted to eat and then asked the cashier about menu items and what side dishes were available. She took at least 15 minutes to order food. I know this makes me a horrible person but I believe when you go shopping, whether it is for clothes, food, whatever, you should go with a purpose. Does that make sense?

4. What is your biggest general pet peeve?
My biggest general pet peeve is negativity. I work with some ladies, maybe just one,  who epitomize the phrase "wet blanket." They never have anything happy or uplifting to add to any conversation. Remember how I was so excited for the Hunter Hayes concert? One lady in particular was going off about how she thought Hunter would sound horrible when he sang live because she'd seen him on an award show once. This same lady also called Easter a "dumb" holiday. I just like to try and look for the positive as much as possible. 

5. What is your most irrational fear?
Spiders and Bees. I've never been bitten or stung but I turn into a child when I see either of them.
I also have this weird fear that people I meet won't like or me or will think I am annoying for some reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment