Saturday, May 26, 2012

Happy Birthday!

The secret to staying young is to live honestly, 
eat slowly, and lie about your age.

                                                                     Lucille Ball

Well I officially turned 24 yesterday. I honestly was a little sad as my birthday came up. I felt like I was getting old, and life was sort of passing me by. Then I realized that I only felt that way because I was comparing my life to the life of my friends which is not fair at all. We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. I realized I have a lot to be grateful for especially my friends and family. 

I love my friend Holly who sends me messages like this. 
HAAPPYYYYY BIRFDAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!! You're beautiful, smart, 
sophisticated, witty, and a hard working girl. I can't wait to hang 
out with you soon. Happy birthday Hillary!! woot 24! 
Everybody needs a friend like this. ha ha 

Mom and Jordan took me out to the Olive Garden after I got of off work. It was so yummy! I highly recommend their torteloni. The highlight of dinner was when my mom knocked over her full glass of water. It ran all over the table. Jordan was sitting right across from her, so he almost got soaked. We were joking with our waiter that instead of refilling her cup he should bring her a kiddy cup with a lid. ha ha! Our waiter seemed extra nice. He reminded of one time that I went to dinner with my friend Jura. 
Flash back about 3 years.. . . . 
  
Jura and I were at Mimi's Cafe. We got this really strange but super extra friendly waiter. It started out as we ordered our food. My friend Jura asked him if she could get soup with her salad instead of the muffin that it came with. And our waiter was like. I guess. Just because I like you , you can have the soup, but only you. So I got smart and asked innocently, what about me. Then our waiter kept jumping into our conversations as he’d pass our table and refill our drinks and such. At one point he came by to clear something off our table and did this spin move and than bolted off and disappeared. Just like Batman. No Joke. It was so weird and bizarre. Then the best part was when we were getting our checks. He asked us if we were paying together or separate. A valid question I thought. We told him we were paying separately. He said oh, just wanted to see if you guys were single. I just got speechless. I didn’t know what to say. I had this awful perception that he thought jura and I were there together together. I could not even speak because I almost started laughing. So jura’s like, um. . she’s single, I’m engaged. He said “oh good for him. That’s too bad for the rest of us. Ever since then I've never been able to take that question seriously. 

Anyways Here's a parting thought from my friend William Congreve
"Uncertainty and expectation are the joys of life. Security is an insipid thing, and the overtaking and possessing of a wish discovers the folly of the chase."

 


No comments:

Post a Comment