Sunday, October 11, 2015

Weekly Favorites #40


The Martian
During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive.

This movie was so great. Like Gravity, it looked so amazing, it was almost as if they filmed on location in space.  Matt Damon pulled off a very difficult character-making Mark Watney seem relatable and charismatic and real without being pompous or annoying.  

This story is a great message about hope and learning to believe in yourself. There is a great lesson to learn about dealing wiht struggles or dangerous situations-you  use what you have and take one problem at a time.  My friends and I all loved it. 
I'm almost done with the book and will do a review soon. Geeze! I have a lot of posts to catch up on


Jamberry Nail Wraps!!
I love these white tip wraps. I gave myself this french tip manicure.
These wraps give me fun designs that I could never do with nail polish on my own.
They are also pretty easy to apply and they are long lasting. I always have chipping with nail polish within days but these wraps last me 2 weeks easy-probably could go 
Here is some of inspiration for future manicures.




New song on the show Nashville last Night
Definitely has a Somewhere over the Rainbow vibe.


On October 1st I got to go see Idina Menzel live.
I'm so glad she finally made it to Utah. She really is down to earth, and funny, and she has the best voice. The concert was one of the best I've seen.
She even got some audience participation going. 



No comments:

Post a Comment