Thursday, September 23, 2010

More Lessons Learned. .



LESSON 1 Like my mom said I am like a bull in a china Closet, or plain and simple I am an idiot
Either Way You Have To Laugh

First a little Background. I bought the first half of Glee, season 1 on DVD, and I just bought the second half of the season when it came out last week. My sister Adrienne won the first 2 volumes of Glee Music through some contest on the Internet. She had never seen the show, so she told me I could have the CDs when they came in the mail. True to her word she sent them to me.
Now, While she was here visiting this summer, she stole my DVDs and took them home to Colorado to watch them. 2 days ago, she called me and told me she had finished all of the episodes that she pilfered, she really liked the show, and wanted me to mail her the second half. She also texted me and asked me to send the CDs back so she could get the music as well. So, being the nice sister that I am, I obliged and set off for the post office that afternoon. As I was leaving, I called Adrienne and told her I had sent the DVDs and CDs back to her. She was understandably excited. Then as we continued talking, I had a horrifying thought. I had just grabbed the CD cases out of my car and put them in the envelope. I had a sickening feeling that one of the CDs was still in my car. So I immediately checked and confirmed my suspicion. There was Glee, Vol 2, sitting safe in the CD player in my car. I had sent an empty case to Adrienne.


LESSON 2 Recipe for a better Day, whether you are having a horrible day, or your day has already been great.

Christmas Music and Michael Buble my friends. That is all you need. I like to listen to Christmas music before the Holiday chaos starts. I appreciate more before those hectic few months when all you hear about is Christmas, all you see are gifts and decorations, and you are just inundated with Christmas. Plus who doesn't love Michael Buble.
The bright side: you can listen while you are driving or while you study or while you go for a run. You don't have to waste time or feel guilty about doing it. Its win win.
Now, I am talking anything goes. Hymns like 'Angels We Have Heard on High" or "Joy To the World". Fun songs like "Let it Snow Let It Snow, Let it Snow." Classics like "White Christmas", "The Christmas Song", and my personal favorite "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas".

While I love the song "o Holy Night" and I am not trying to disrespect the message, this
version is sure to bring a smile to anybody's face.


What do you think? What sort of things make you smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment