Thursday, September 30, 2010

Inexplicable

Here are some things that have made me smile over the past few weeks.

I can't get a normal song stuck in my head. Its always something like "My Favorite Things" from Sound of Music or the Hawaii Five-0 theme. Seriously? That one doesn't even have any words.

Jack, just plain Jack. Since I sent my sister Glee: The Music Volume1, Jack has picked a favorite song from the CD. Gold Digger by Kanye West. Jack is also a Lady Gaga Fan. .and he's 3.

I am remembering how much of a dork I am. I still love those books with the collection of 5 minute mysteries that test your reasoning, logic, and observation skills.

I also really enjoy learning new words. My roommate and I decided it would be fun to learn a new word everyday. Today's word: Lucifugous-avoidng light.

Paying it forward. I love to see people being nice and kind to one another. I was at Walmart picking up groceries for my mom. I got into line. There was a lady having her groceries scanned, a man with 2 items, one of which was a loaf of bread, and then me. As the cashier finished ringing up this lady's groceries, she said hi to the man behind her and told the cashier that she wanted to put the man's items on her bill. The man protested a little but she said "No, let me do it. I had somebody kind do it for me once, and i'm sure you'll have the chance to do it for somebody else someday". So Great. Everybody should find a way to help somebody you know this weekend.

And of course, who doesn't want to see Michael Buble dressed up like Justin Beiber, and he even has the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment