Saturday, November 13, 2010

Say My Name

So this week was my friend's birthday. A few of us went out to eat dinner to Pantrucas. Its a Chilean restaurant on Canyon Road in Provo. Its a little ma and pa restaurant, and is owned by this cute couple. The wife was waiting on us and she was so nice and sweet. She was asking who out of the group had been to eat there before. She asked where everyone was from. All of the guys except one in the group learned Spanish on their missions, so she spoke to them and took their order in Spanish. I told her i didn't speak, but I understood pretty much everything that was said. As we ordered, she took down our names. When she got to me, I told her my name is Hillary, because it is. And she said "oh like Hillary Clinton."

Everybody i meet basically has the same reaction to my name. Or they straight out ask "do you get a lot of Hillary Clinton jokes?" Its just too bad we even have the same initials and everything. Why is she the first person people, including the nice Chilean lady, think of when they hear Hillary. There are a few more acceptable famous Hillary's that people seem to forget about.

HILARY DUFF-She's not my favorite person in the entire world but she's cute and people seem to like her.

SIR EDMUND HILLARY-this is kind of a weird choice I know, but he was the first man to climb Mt. Everest


HILLARY SCOTT-She is a famous Country star and one of the voices behind Lady Antebellum
HILARY SWANK-last but not least, Hilary is not only a great actress, but she is also an Oscar winner.






No comments:

Post a Comment