Friday, November 5, 2010

Scarlet Pimpernel

Okay, so this show is on my list of my top 5 favorite musicals. Its an amazing story, and it has something for everyone to enjoy. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Scarlet Pimpernel, it is about an English Aristocrat, Sir Percy Blakeney,, who rescued French aristrocrats from a bloody revolution. The author of the original short story, Baroness Orczy, absolutely created the original super hero. All of those dual personalities that followed afterward, from Zorro, Superman, Batman, Spiderman, were based upon the Scarlet Pimpernel.
Like I said this is a very rich, and intricate story.
There's Danger and Adventure: Into the Fire and Madame Guillotine
There's Romance: You are My Home and Storybook
There's Intrigue and Deception: Where's the Girl, The Riddle
There is Drama and Heartache: When I Look at You, I'll Forget You (it will make you cry)
There's a lot of Funny Moments as well, particularly in The Creation of Man.
Most importantly the ending is Fantastic!!
If any of you have the chance to see a production of this wonderful show, you should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment