Friday, December 17, 2010

Even Stephen


Remember that Seinfeld episode where Jerry breaks even playing poker, and then Elaine throws Jerry's $20 bill out the window and then Jerry finds another $20 in his jacket pocket? That has what this whole week has felt like. Karma is definitely bringing good things my way though.

First, I finally finish my art review, a movie review about Inception. However, we weren't just turning in our paper. There were 2 other time consuming assignments to type up and discuss as well. There first was background info about the director and actors of the movie, what worked in the movie, what didn't you like, how was the theme portrayed. The other was critiquing how others have approached movie reviews, and choosing a publication to write for.
So, the upside is that the morning this packet of assignments is due, I get them all written, but my printer is completely out of black ink. So I have to turn in this packet printed entirely in blue ink. I also had to print out a study guide entirely in red. I also did really well on my other "official" final.

I am the only one out of 8 or 9 of my family members who entered to win the raffle for the Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert with David Archuleta that won any tickets. I got 4 tickets for the Sunday morning performance. I was leaving on Saturday to go to Idaho to hear my niece sing in church and I couldn't use the tickets. So I had to give them away.

My friend texted me Tuesday night and asked if I wanted to go to the Tabernacle Choir concert on Thursday night. I was excited that i had found a ticket and someone to go with, but my friend told me his grandma had
one ticket she wasn't using and he didn't want it so I had to go by myself. Luckily the show didn't start til 8 and I had time to get to salt lake
The traffic was so bad going North, especially downtown, that I made it in line behind a bunch of people but not in time. I was really close to getting into the conference center but they filled up all the seats and closed the door. Fortunately I got to go into the overflow theater and watch a simultaneous telecast. We basically got to see what is going to be recorded for the DVD of the concert. It was nice because we could see the choir and the headliners (namely Archuleta) up close.

Christmas is next week and I have been stressing about money and buying presents and replacing my printer cartridges, add registering my car. Fortunately we got a bonus at work. An extra 419.00 is very much appreciated but will be gone far too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment