Saturday, February 27, 2010

Weekend Update



So Last Saturday, Feb 20. We had Ward Prom. Unless you brought you boyfriend/girlfriend/fiance, everyone got paired up with someone else in the ward. I know it sounds Like Ward and Prom are two words that should never used in the same sentence. It was a actually a lot of fun. My date and I drove up the canyon to Aspen Ridge. We had lots of time to talk. We talked about school and music, and movies. On our way up the Canyon it started snowing quite a bit. Alright, I'd qualify it as a border line blizzard.
Dinner was a lot of fun and yummy. They had a little salad bar, and rolls, and potatoes, and hot vegetables and ham. We sat by a lot of our friends so we had a good time chatting while we ate.

My friend Richie got invited by a friend of a friend of someone in the ward. We had to recruit guys because we have so many more girls in the ward than men. He completely surprised during dinner. I was walking over to our table after we had gone through the food line and Richie jumped out right in front of me. He almost gave me a heart attack but it was good to see him.
After that the Dance Started. They played a bunch of music but there were 10 slow songs. After dinner we all had dance cards to fill up so everybody had a partner to dance with for those slow dances. I got 6-7 of my slots filled. I could have been more proactive. I just sat talking with friends at my table and I still got dance partners. Sadly when my date and I were actually supposed to dance, he went out to help dig cars out of the now but i danced with my friend Josh. Nobody specified the rules of the Dance Card so my friend Justine and I were each others #7 dance and we did a beatiful interpretive dance to Everything I do, I do it for You. Classic

The dance was a lot of fun. I got to dance to Footloose, and I did the Macarena for the first time since Elementary School.

Other High Points of My Week:

I started and finished THE LAST SONG by Nicholas Sparks, still not a giant fan of his work

We had a guest speaker/lecturer in my my Childhood Language Disorders Class.

I decided to volunteer to play my violin in Church. I'm a bit excited for that!!!

I had some old guy yell and swear at me at work. I couldn't do what he wanted me to so he was really angry . Perhaps Even Livid. That's really a personal goal of mine every week though, see if I can make at least one customer really mad.

That's all for now. Maybe I'll feel ambitious enough to write a review of the Sparks novel.

Next up: Language Testing my Miss Izzy Skizzy (aka Isabel)
I also just started the book THE LOVELY BONES. I read the first chapter and I'm already disturbed. We'll see how the rest of the story goes.

1 comment:

  1. Ward prom sounds awesome! What did you wear?
    Can't wait to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete