Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Social (8)

Sunday Social



1. What is your dream job?
I would love to be a Music Supervisor for a Film Company
A Music Supervisor position is difficult to generalize and highly versatile, depending upon the industry and project the role is involved in. Typically, a music supervisor handles the process of choosing, negotiating, and incorporating pieces of music into visual media (such as a television show or movie), acting as a liaison between the creative and business ends of this processThis position is most active within media based industries, including live events, television, film, advertising, theatre, and video gamingMusic supervisors may work within production companies, film studios, networks, music supervision companies, or do freelance work.

Or Choice B would be a pit orchestra. I would love to be a musician for live theatre.

2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
I honestly would probably still want to work to keep myself busy. If I had the money though I would travel like crazy, go to plays and musicals, read a ton, learn a language, start up music lessons again, and maybe cook.

3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
That’s a tough question. I went through a couple different phases. My family and I all performed growing up. Once I got over my stage fright I thought it would be fun to be a singer. I also thought about being a nurse.
I was always the nerdy one in school who helped the other kids in my class , so the third thing I  thought about was teaching school or teaching music. 

4. What piece career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
I have a Bachelors Degree in Speech Pathology and I am working on another degree in Elementary Education so I can teach school. My advice would be to get as much experience as you possibly can while you are still in school. Go Volunteer, Shadow, find an interniship. It’ll look great on your resume when you graduate and look for a job.

5. What are your biggest pet peeves in life, blogging, or at work?
~People I help at work or that I see out shopping who won’t get off their cell phones.
~Those at the grocery store that don’t use the designated cart returns and then end up blocking parking spots.
~Improper use of Grammar.
~ I also have a hard time with people who criticize constantly and who are generally unhappy who don’t have ever have anything nice to say.

6. What are your biggest fears?
~Spiders, Snakes, Bugs in General
~Heights (sort of)-I am not scared of being up high. I could go hiking in the Grand Canyon and be fine.  I am scared of voluntarily throwing myself off of high places. I don’t think I could ever go skydiving or bungee jumping.
~Injury or Bodily Harm
~Losing Someone in my Family
~Failure



Have a fabulous Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment