Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Throwback Thursday-Birthdays


When I think of birthday parties, the one that sticks out most in my mind was my 18th birthday right before graduation.  That day just happened to be our senior skip day. Our graduating class all got to spend the day at Lagoon, which is an amusement park in Utah. We got to ride roller coasters, find all of the good rides, and enjoy the sun all day. That night, I invited a group of friends over for our “party”.

Our party was the nerdiest thing you could ever think of. We had a murder mystery night. The game I chose was called Pasta, Passion and Pistols. Everything was Italian themed. This is the description from Amazon.com

Invite your friends to dress up and play the roles of the devious suspects   (each with his or her own character booklet with roles and background info): Rocco Scarfazzi, Mama Rosa, Marco Roni, Bo Jalais, Angel Roni, Tara Misu, Father Al Fredo, and Clair Voyant. Serve up a meal or light snack, play the (included) cassette tape with its introduction, summary of events, and solution to the crime. Find out who killed New York restaurateur Pepi Roni, and why.



 Don’t you love the names and the puns. Yes, my friends and I were freaks and loved doing these types of things. I picked out a menu of Italian food, I think it was spaghetti. Everyone was assigned a character and came dressed up. I don’t even remember who ended up being the murder but we had a blast doing it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment