Wednesday, January 6, 2010

If I was casting the movie version of Wicked


So when I heard they were making Wicked into the movie I was of course ecstatic. I love the music and the story of the show. I really wish they could get all of the original cast to do the movie, but, from what i've read on the internet, that is not likely. So I've been dying to find out the cast but I cant find any official announcement. Since I hear the production wanted to go with a younger cast, the movie is probably not going to have the Idina Menzel or Kristen Chenowyth
I really want the movie to be well done. I'd almost rather the production company cast people who are unknown but who can perform really well, rather than find someone super famous who can only do an adequate or mediocre job.
So just to show you my obsession I've come up with a list of people I would like to see cast in the movie. These choices would not disappoint me.
first....

ELPHABA
1) Lea Michele
2) Kerry Ellis
3) Jenna Leigh Green

GLINDA
1) Megan Hilty
2) Annaleigh Ashford
3) Lucy Durack

* and if we are going the more famous route, Amy Adams wouldn't be a terrible choice

FYIERO
1)
Adam Lambert
2) Oliver Tompsett
3) Kristopher Cusick

BOQ
1) Anthony
Callea
2) Logan Lipton
3) Ben Liebert

NessaRose
1) Penny Mcnamee
2) Bailey Hanks
*maybe Anne Hathaway

The Wizard
1) Rogar Bart
2) Joel Grey
3) Nigel Planer

MADAME MORRIBLE
1) Helena Boham Carter
2) Patty Lupone
3) Meryl Streep

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hillary! I loved this post, especially since I had no idea they were making a Wicked movie until I read this! Wicked is coming to Durham in April and we just got our tickets. Hurray! Hope all is going great with you this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool choices :)I am so excited for the movie!

    ReplyDelete