Monday, January 25, 2010

A Peek Into My Thought Process

So if you know me at all, I like to consider myself pretty tuned into world events. My particular specialty is Pop Culture. I'm pretty well versed in music/broadway, television shows, movies, celebrity gossip. My one absolute weakness, my Achilles heel, my kryptonite, if you will, as so lovingly pointed out by my uncle, is sports. I don't particularly care about sports. I don't watch sports. I realize this is an important part of our culture especially basketball and football. Guys at work talk about sports all the time, and it seems to be a popular topic of conversation so I've tried to repent and mend my ways.

Now I must admit, I do know some athletes, not a ton. I know how the games are played, but I'm the type of person who likes to pick a winning team based on what mascot is the best. Believe me, I got my 9 year old nephew all disgusted during a football game. When we do our March Madness Brackets at work, I always just fill mine out mostly by seat/ranking. Its to hard to follow all of those college teams. =-) These are all reasons I'm trying to improve and to become more well rounded and better versed in the language of sports. I recently had my brother explain the different positions in football and what their roles were during a game.

One thing I have been working on is keeping up with what teams are playing during the week and who ends up winning their games. This was a big step for me. I was really anxious to hear the results of the football games yesterday and to hear who would be playing in the Super Bowl.
My two teams made it to the Super Bowl, surprisingly and that made me really Happy. The Saints beat the Vikings, and The Colts beat the Jets. So know Feb 7 2010 we will see the Saints play the Colts.

Now I have a bigger dilemma. Who do I want to win the Super Bowl. The Colts are a great team, and I am a Peyton Manning fan. On the other hand Reggie Bush is very talented and its the Saints first time at the Super Bowl, I believe.
I've been pondering this deep seeded question for the past day or so, but I've finally come up with a solution.
I've just remembered Reggie Bush is dating Kim Kardashian, and so I've come to a decision.
Go Colts!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment