Saturday, January 2, 2010

Weekend Trip To Denver


Saturday we took the 9 hour drive to Colorado to see my sister and her new baby.


I watched a movie on my Ipod (Cluesless) and slept most of the way there. The roads were clear. That night we all just hung out and had dinner. My sister made this breakfast casserole which was delicious and my brother really wanted eggnog. Then Sunday morning we were at our hotel and getting ready for church. We had one of the maids knock on our door to come in and clean. My mom told her we just needed new towels and that she didn't need to clean because we were staying one more night The poor girl spoke no english and just kept saying yeah yeah. She did finally understand "no clean"
So church was great. Right as William, my brother in law, took scarlett up to the front of the chapel Jack, the 2 year old started throwing a fit so I took him out to the foyer. Apparently i missed a great show. My mom had Tristan the, 4 year old, with her so my sister could listen to the blessing. But when William and my dad adn my brother all went up to the front of the chapel Tristan was ready to march on up there with them because he wanted to bless bless teh baby too. So during the blessing my mom was explaining things to him and that he couldn't help bless the baby unless he had the priesthood. He was asking her if Daddy had the priesthood. And when he could get the priesthood. She told tristan he had to be 12. He asked her if daddy was 12. And she said yes. It was just so funny.
That night was so fun. We all got to chat. Adn my sister made this raspberry chicken for dinner. We all visited and I got to play with the little boys. Tristan and I did puzzles. Tristan told us all stories about fighting monsters that were under his bed. He said he "sworded" them and they had to go the Hostibal (hospital). It was adorable.


Monday was another super long drive in the car. But I got through most of my book on the way home, slept some more, and watched another movie in the 10 hours it took us to get home. I also found out my friend Luke was following us home from New Mexico. He also took I-70 and came up through price and was 30 minutes or so behind us. that night after i got home I went to a bridal shower/bacholerette party for my friend becca that i roomed with last year.
Yesterday she and monte got married so I spent like 2 hours at the reception. I hung out with travis and saw a ton of friends from high school. It was a lot of fun.
In other accomplishments this past week. My tuition got all paid, I saw my grades from the last semester(A and 2 A-), I paid off my credit card, I finished my book "The Wednesday letters", I bought my textbooks and I figured out how to use the back windshield wiper on my new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment