Sunday, January 10, 2010

Strange Gestures


So After School Thursday, I decided to take the long way back to my apartment. I walked over to the Creamery on Ninth to pick up a snack.
As I was about to go up one of the aisles in the store this older man (50ish) started miming and gesturing to me or trying to sign something to me. He was making lines by his neck with his fingers, pointing to his ears, and giving me the thumbs up. I was the most confused I had ever been in my entire life.

I was listening to my Ipod. I had my headphones in my ears, obviously. So, I thought maybe he doesn't think I can hear him? So I took one of my head phones out and gave him another confused but expectant look. The game of charades continued. More gesturing. Finally he took a napkin out of his pocket and wrote me a note. "nice hair"

While it was a nice thing to say, and I appreciate the compliment, It was weird. I just said thank you and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment